Photometric magnetic activity and active-region lifetimes of solar-like stars
- 1. Department of Physics, University of Warwick
- 2. Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias
- 3. CEA, Université Paris-Saclay
- 4. Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço
- 5. NASA Johnson Space Center
Rotational modulation due to dark spots co-rotating with the stellar surface allows us to constrain rotation and magnetic properties of solar-like stars. The long-term observations collected by Kepler (and those that will be collected by PLATO) are preferred for a better characterization of magnetic activity. In this work, we investigate the temporal variability of the photometric magnetic activity proxy Sph, as well as the characteristic timescale of active-regions in solar-like stars.