NECCTON: Technical specification of the pelagic lower trophic level products (D5.1)
- 1. Plymouth Marine Laboratory
- 2. UKMO
- 3. Stiftelsen Nansen Senter For Miljø Og Fjernmåling (NERSC)
- 4. Collecte Localisation Satellites (France)
- 5. Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
- 6. Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale
- 7. BSHBundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie
- 8. CNRConsiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche
- 9. Mercator Ocean (France)
- 10. Uliège
The NECCTON D5.1 report provides a clear definition of the pelagic lower trophic level products that will be delivered by WP5 in the future development of NECCTON. It is intended to serve as a reference for internal and external users of the products. The definitions are based on the requirements of users that emerged from the NECCTON workshop "Co-design of future products" which was held on-line in June 2023 (more than 100 stakeholders attending) and the online survey "Product co-design" which was live from July to September 2023 (more than 200 respondents). In this document, the definition of the products includes a brief review of previous and ongoing efforts in defining and delivering the product in an operational framework, as well as a description of the expected exploitation by users and associated impact.
This document also describes the model datasets produced by NECCTON to deliver the products to internal and external users. These descriptions include a reference to the model producing the dataset, as well as features of the model output datasets, such as: their spatial coverage and resolution, and their temporal extension and resolution. It also includes a description of the metadata provided in the files containing the datasets. The observations expected to be compared to the model data are also listed.
D5.1 Technical specification of the pelagic lower trophic.pdf
- Horizon Europe RIA Grant Number 101081273
- European Commission