- 1. Student, B. Tech CSE, Lovely Professional University, Punjab. (2024 I Will Passed Out), Guntur (Andhra Pradesh), India.
Abstract: The subject area of multilingual natural language processing (NLP) is concerned with the processing of natural language data in several languages. NLP systems that can translate between languages are becoming more and more necessary as the globe gets more interconnected in order to promote understanding and communication among speakers of various languages. To be effective, communication must overcome a number of obstacles presented by multilingual NLP. Lack of language standardization, which results in major variations in the grammatical constructions, vocabulary, and writing systems used in many languages, is one of the fundamental problems. The requirement for substantial amounts of annotated data for machine learning model training presents another difficulty. The creation of high-quality annotated datasets in numerous languages is time- and money-consuming, which restricts the supply of multilingual NLP resources. The problem of creating NLP systems that can handle several languages at once is the last one. This necessitates the deployment of sophisticated algorithms that can handle and evaluate data in numerous languages while producing precise findings. Researchers and developers are working on a variety of methods to address these issues. Creating standardized formats for multilingual data representation, like Universal Dependencies, which offers a unified framework for annotating linguistic data in several languages, is one strategy. Using transfer learning techniques to transfer knowledge from high-resource languages to low-resource languages is an alternative strategy. The amount of annotated data required for training NLP models in low-resource languages can bedecreased with the use of this method. Last but not least, researchers are working to create multilingual NLP models that can manage numerous languages at once. To deliver precise results across numerous languages, these models employ cutting-edge methodologies like neural machine translation and multilingual word embedding’s. Despite the fact that multilingual NLP presents a number of difficult issues, with continuing study and development,it is possible to create NLP systems that are capable of processing natural language data from several languages.
- Is cited by
- Journal article: 2347-6389 (ISSN)
- Draskovic, Drazen, et al. "Development of a Multilingual Model for Machine Sentiment Analysis in the Serbian Language." MDPI, 6 Sept. 2022, www.mdpi.com/2227- 7390/10/18/3236.
- "The State of Multilingual AI." ruder.io, 14 Nov. 2022, www.ruder.io/state-of- multilingual-ai.
- Open Data Science, ODSC-. "Top Recent NLP Research." Medium, 19 Oct. 2021, https://odsc.medium.com/top-recent-nlp-research-906e8d603eb7
- ISSN: 2347-6389 (Online)
- Retrieval Number: 100.1/ijaent.E41190612523
- Journal Website: www.ijaent.org
- Published By: Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences Publication (BEIESP)