5GZORRO_D2.4: Final design of the 5GZORRO Platform for Security & Trust
- G. Bernini, P.G. Giardina, J. Brenes, E. Bucchianeri, M. De Angelis, C. Herranz, A. Fernandez, M. S. Siddiqui, Javier Fernandez, D. Breitgand, K. Barabash, Diego R. López, F. Martins, C. Jorge, F. Santos, R. Behravesh, J.M. Jorquera Valero, P.M. Sanchez Sanchez, M. Gil Perez, G. Martinez Perez, B. Santos, A. Gomes, D. Laskaratos, A. S. Valantasis, A. Erspamer, V. Theodorou, G. Gómez and A. Sciberras
This document presents the final design of the 5GZORRO high-level architecture, which targets the achievement and implementation of the innovative 5G networks and services vision described above. More specifically, this deliverable is intended as a self-contained document, which merges the original content of deliverables D2.2 and D2.3 (that present the initial and the updated 5GZORRO high-level architecture respectively) and further improves them to align the 5GZORRO architecture functionalities with the feedback from the platform implementation undergoing in WP3 and WP4. With this document, the goal is to have a single source of information for the 5GZORRO high-level architecture, which includes the whole set of services offered, functionalities supported, and operational workflows implemented.
In practice, in alignment with the original approach proposed and described in D2.2 and D2.3, the architecture follows a principle of service-based architecture, similar to the 5G Service-based architecture defined in 3GPP and in the ETSI Zero touch network and Service Management. Integrating SDN/NFV and Cloud native orchestration technologies with a Permissioned Distributed Ledger infrastructure, the 5GZORRO architecture offers services for:
• cross-domain network slicing,
• resource and service offering via marketplaces,
• discovery, intelligent selection and trading of resources and Services via Smart Contracts
• zero-touch network slice and service lifecycle management
• cross-stakeholder e-license management
• SLA monitoring & breach prediction
• security and trust across multiple domains.
The realization of these services is made possible through the interaction of various functions for slice orchestration, network intelligence and analytics, security and trust, management of virtualized resources, all executed for multi-domain and single domain scopes. Moreover, 5GZORRO leverages many state-of-the-art technologies and standards for virtualization, NFV, Cloud Native platforms and services, zero touch, SDN, distributed ledgers, data lakes, which have been extensively reviewed to summarise the specific positioning of the 5GZORRO innovative proposition.