Annotation of Facebook ads in 2019 EU parliamentary elections
This dataset contains manual annotation for ads from parties from UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, and Poland that ran ads on Facebook during the 2019 EU parliamentary elections and that were defined as "populist" by popu-list.org. For each ad, we qualitatively identified a primary issue, a sub-issue, and a stance with respect to the sub-issue. The annotation was performed through an open coding procedure. More information is reported in our paper "The Thin Ideology of Populist Advertising on Facebook during the 2019 EU Elections".
More information about the same ads is reported in: https://zenodo.org/record/6597765
This TSV file contains the following columns:
- "state": the country of the ad.
- "ad_id": the original id of the ad.
- "link": a link to the ad.
- "page_name": name of the page running the ad.
- "is_local": whether the ad is related to local elections or not (if not, it's related to the 2019 EU Elections).
- "issue": a comma-separated list of the main issues of the ad.
- "sub-issue": a comma-separated list of sub-issues of the ad.
- "stance": a comma-separated list of stances of the ad.
- Is supplement to
- https://zenodo.org/record/6597765 (URL)