The AGILE4.0 MBSE-MDAO Development Framework: overview and assessment
- 1. German Aerospace Center (DLR), Institute of System Architectures in Aeronautics, Hamburg, Germany
- 2. ONERA/DTIS, Université de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
- 3. Royal Netherlands Aerospace Centre (NLR), Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 4. KE-works, Delft, The Netherlands
- 5. Bombardier Aviation, Montreal, Canada
The EU-funded H2020 AGILE 4.0 project targets the enhancement and acceleration of processes for the development of complex aeronautical systems throughout multiple life-cycle stages, including design, production, certification and maintenance. In order to reach this ambition, the project Consortium has developed an original methodology and innovative digital technologies in the context of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Multidisciplinary Design Analysis and Optimization (MDAO). The methodology and the technologies are part of the AGILE 4.0 MBSE-MDAO Development Framework. This paper aims at presenting an overview of this framework, and assess its efficacy, i.e. demonstrate that the proposed framework improves the current state-of-the-art. Therefore, assessment metrics are identified and used to quantify how much the proposed methodology and digital technologies can effectively accelerate and enhance the development process of complex aeronautical systems.