Database: the Ethiopian public universities during the Tigray war
In this database, we attempt to document the widespread involvement of Ethiopian public universities in the war in Tigray. In general, Ethiopian universities have provided financial and material support to the Ethiopian army and allied forces, practiced discrimination of their students and staff members of Tigrayan origin, including harassment and limitation of academic freedom. Infringements against human rights by the Ethiopian Ministry of Science and Higher Education are also included.
Database the Ethiopian public universities during the Tigray war v1.pdf
||795.4 kB||Preview Download|
- Annys, S., Vanden Bempt, T., Negash, E., De Sloover, L., Ghekiere, R., Haegeman, K., Temmerman, D., Nyssen, J., 2021. Tigray: atlas of the humanitarian situation. Version 2.1. Ghent (Belgium): Ghent University, Department of Geography
- Conley, B., de Waal, A., Mayersen, D., Nyseth Brehm, H., 2021. Atrocity alert - Tigrayan civilians and Oromo detainees in areas under Ethiopian government control. International Association of Genocide Scholars
- Dessein, J., 2021. [in Dutch] [The endless pain of T. from Tigray]. De Standaard, 4 November 2021
- Gesesew, H., Berhane, K., Siraj, E.S. et al., 2021. The impact of war on the health system of the Tigray region in Ethiopia: an assessment. BMJ Global Health 2021;6:e007328
- Nyssen, J., Negash, E., Annys, S., 2021. How Ethiopia's conflict has affected farming in Tigray. The conversation
- Tewelde, S., 2021: Mapmaking for memory's sake: The Tigray genocide. Interactions, November-December 2021.
- Vanden Bempt, T., Annys, S., Negash, E., Ghekiere, R., Nyssen, J., 2021. Tigray: one year of conflict – Casualties of the armed conflict, 2020-2021 – Tigray (Ethiopia). Ghent (Belgium): Ghent University, Department of Geography & London (U.K.): Every Casualty Counts
- Weldemichel, T.G., 2021. Inventing hell: how the Ethiopian and Eritrean regimes produced famine in Tigray. Human Geography
- Zachrisen, G., 2021. Etiopia: Professor jobbet i byen i 40 år – så ble han henrettet foran huset sitt [in Norwegian] [Ethiopia: Professor worked in the town for 40 years – then he was executed in front of his house]. Bistandsaktuelt, 23 November 2021