Ontological Base Information System in Higher Education
- 1. BINUS Graduate Program, Doctor of Computer Science, Bina Nusantara University, Jakarta & Faculty of Information Technology, Universitas Tarumanagara, Jakarta Indonesia 11440.
- 2. Information System Department, School of Information Systems, Bina Nusantara University, Jakarta 11480, Indonesia
- 3. Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia, Depok, 16424, Indonesia
- 4. Management Department, BINUS Business School, Undergraduate Program, Bina Nusantara University, Jakarta 11480, Indonesia
- 1. Publisher
Higher education institutions that produce various documents of scientific information on learning outcomes need tools that can accommodate stakeholders in utilizing various data that has been generated. The application of ontology-based systems can be very helpful in managing knowledge data based on keywords that are difficult to do with traditional methods. In this study aims to find out various studies that have been carried out about ontology base application of information systems in higher education institutions. The steps include the study of literature sourced from major databases such as Science Direct, IEEE Explore Digital Lirary, ACM Digital Library and others credible sources. Set through the selection criteria and data extraction this study from 195 papers, 21 papers were analyzed. The results of the analysis of this paper conclude that the information system that has been developed in Higher Education is an ontology application that is used to carry out various evaluation processes in education, e-learning, academic recommendations, information search, higher education companies, content analysis, knowledge management, documentation, education company, syllabus, knowledge management, and others. From this research it appears that various ontology-based applications have been developed for various information system needs in higher education, where the aim is to facilitate the search for various types of scientific documents and supporting documents precisely and quickly. For application development, the OWL language is the most widely used choice and the protege as a development tool is the main choice of researchers.
- Is cited by
- Journal article: 2249-8958 (ISSN)
- Retrieval Number