D1.1 Internal and external assessment methodologies and guidelines
The CALIPER project aims at driving a structural change process and implementing Gender Equality Plans in 7 Research Performing and 2 Research Funding Organizations, involving the highest and middle management levels since the beginning to impact the whole institution. The project goal is to make research organizations more gender equal by increasing the number of female researchers in STEM, improving their careers prospects and integrating a gender dimension in research.
The project supports the 7 European RPOs (UZG, STU, ULB, NTUA, IRB, YU, UNILE) and 2 RFOs (SRNSF, UEFIS) of the CALIPER consortium in developing and implementing Gender Equality Plans (GEPs) focusing on an innovative approach based on engaging national and regional innovation ecosystems in the partners’ countries with a quadruple helix approach: the project triggers and makes internal changes and gender equality policies sustainable by orchestrating the core inward auditing/internal assessment and GEPs design with outward actions engaging external stakeholders to activate synergies at all different junctions of the ‘education-research- transfer to market of STEM research results’ chain.
The assessment phase in each RPO/RFO is a critical step aimed at identifying and analysing as well as addressing existing gender bias and inequalities at each partner organization and at the local/national innovation ecosystem.
This deliverable presents the CALIPER internal and external assessment Gender Audit Methodology guidelines and includes:
- an overview of the overall gender assessment methodology;
- a set of specific guidelines on how to perform internal assessment towards the identification of gender bias at the partner RPOs/RFOs;
- the detailed description of the two main parts of the above methodology:
- A set of indicators for quantitative assessment
- The participatory tools and exercises for qualitative assessment;
- a set of specific guidelines on how to perform the analysis of external framework conditions and of the innovation ecosystem from a gender perspective;
- a set of guidelines on how to best communicate to internal stakeholders about the CALIPER project and the assessment