- 1. Centre for Biological Diversity and Scottish Oceans Institute, School of Biology, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, UK
The BioTIME database contains raw data on species identities and abundances in ecological assemblages through time. The database consists of 11 tables; one raw data table plus ten related meta data tables. For further information please see our associated data paper.
This data consists of several elements:
- BioTIMESQL_24_06_2021.sql - an SQL file for the full public version of BioTIME which can be imported into any mySQL database.
- BioTIMEQuery_24_06_2021.csv - data file, although too large to view in Excel, this can be read into several software applications such as R or various database packages.
- BioTIMEMetadata_24_06_2021.csv - file containing the meta data for all studies.
- BioTIMECitations_24_06_2021.csv - file containing the citation list for all studies.
- BioTIMECitations_24_06_2021.xlsx - file containing the citation list for all studies (some special characters are not supported in the csv format).
- BioTIMEInteractions_02_04_2018.Rmd - an r markdown page providing a brief overview of how to interact with the database and associated .csv files (this will not work until field paths and database connections have been added/updated).
Please note: any users of any of this material should cite the associated data paper in addition to the DOI listed here.
To cite the data paper use the following:
Dornelas M, Antão LH, Moyes F, Bates, AE, Magurran, AE, et al. BioTIME: A database of biodiversity time series for the Anthropocene. Global Ecol Biogeogr. 2018; 27:760 - 786. https://doi.org/10.1111/geb.12729
||147.5 kB||Preview Download|
||1.1 MB||Preview Download|
||134.4 MB||Preview Download|
||144.2 MB||Preview Download|