GIARPS High-resolution Observations of T Tauri stars (GHOsT): toward a complete characterization of the YSOs in the star forming region
- 1. INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Roma
- 2. INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Capodimonte
- 3. INAF - Osservatorio Astrofisico di Catania
- 4. Fundacion Galielo Galilei, INAF-TNG
- 5. ESO - Garching
- 6. INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Padova
T Tauri stars of the Taurus-Auriga region represent a paradigmatic sample for low-mass star and planet formation studies. However, a systematic analysis of the Taurus population with the goal of accurately and simultaneously deriving all the relevant source parameters is still missing. To bridge this gap we have started our project GHOsT at TNG (GIARPS High-resolution Observations of T Tauri stars), which combines high-spectral resolution in the optical and near-IR offered by HARPS-N and GIANO, and whose goal is to determine for the first time in a statistically significant, homogeneous, and self-consistent way, stellar parameters and accretion/ejection properties of Classical T Tauri (CTT) stars.
Here we focus in particular on the characterization of the atomic and molecular winds in the current GHOsT sample consisting of 36 CTTs with a statistical analysis of the kinematic properties of the [OI] 630 nm and H2 2.12 μm lines.
- Journal article: 10.1051/0004-6361/202038534 (DOI)