Children speech recording (English, spontaneous speech + pre-defined sentences)
The dataset contains audio recordings (lossless WAV) of 11 young children (age M=4.9 years old; 5 females, 6 males).
- free speech (retelling a picture book, ‘Frog, Where Are You?’ by Mercer Mayer)
- repeating 5 pre-defined short sentences (like 'the horse is in the stable')
- telling the numbers from 1 to 10
The recordings are in English and the participants include both native and non-native speakers.
Each sample is recorded from 3 sources:
- A studio-grade microphone (Rode NT1-A)
- A portable microphone (Zoom H1)
- The two front microphones of the Aldebaran NAO robot
(note that, due to technical issues, a few (sample/microphone) combinations are missing).
For the free-speech recording, a manual segmentation of the utterances is provided as well.
- J. Kennedy, S. Lemaignan, C. Montassier, P. Lavalade, B. Irfan, F. Papadopoulos, E. Senft, T. Belpaeme (2017) Child Speech Recognition in Human-Robot Interaction: Evaluations and Recommendations