The purpose of the Open Letter is to request that the WHO acknowledge five facts that scientists agree on and which support the conclusion that an accidental laboratory-acquired infection was responsible for the COVID pandemic.
The five undisputed facts are:
- COVID-19 wasn’t smoldering in the community before the epidemic broke out, as was observed with previous coronavirus epidemics.
- Despite an intense search, neither the COVID virus, nor any close relative, has yet been found in nature, unlike prior natural zoonoses. The closest viral relative is from the laboratories of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, near the epicenter of the first cases.
- The COVID virus had little genetic diversity at the outset, unlike prior natural zoonoses. It was genetically pure, like a man-made vaccine.
- The COVID virus’s powerful infectious trigger isn’t found anywhere in its related viral group in nature but has been repeatedly inserted into viruses by laboratory scientists, including at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
- The virus was highly adapted for infection of people from the start, unlike prior natural zoonoses.