Other Open Access
The objective of D5.4 (the Data Management Plan) is to describe what data the SPOT project will collect and proceed, whether and how it will be exploited or made accessible for verification and reuse and how it will be curated and preserved after the end of the project.
Data Management Plans (DMPs) are a key element of good data management. A DMP describes the data management life cycle for the data to be collected, processed and/or generated by a Horizon 2020 project. As part of making research data findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR), a DMP should include information on:
• the handling of research data during & after the end of the project,
• what data will be collected, processed and/or generated,
• which methodology & standards will be applied,
• whether data will be shared/made open access, and
• how data will be curated & preserved (including after the end of the project).
A DMP is required for all projects participating in the extended ORD pilot unless they are opt-out of the ORD pilot. However, projects that opt-out is still encouraged to submit a DMP voluntarily.