Journal article Open Access
G.V. Didkivska, V.V. Chukhrai
To date, the major threat to the economic security of Ukraine and any other state is the legalization (laundering) of proceeds of crime, as it violates the legitimate rights and interests of society. The constant development of modern technologies and methods in the field of payment transactions leads to the emergence of new ways of laundering shadow money for illicit profits, which need continuous monitoring and control.
The set of measures of financial monitoring entities that are aimed at overcoming the economic threat through the control and analysis of doubtful financial transactions is called financial monitoring.
Therefore, in order to improve the exercise of the oversight function of the entities of financial control over the entities of primary financial monitoring, I consider it advisable to carry out the following measures:
- conducting a psychophysiological survey with the use of a polygraph and psychological testing of PFMS in the field of preventing and counteracting the legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime, terrorist financing and financing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction for compliance with the requirements of legislation for at least one year;
- performing diligent work on the verification of the applicant for the position of responsible employee for financial monitoring, his close relatives, and check whether such a person has related persons related to national, public figures;
- Defining mandatory requirements for the responsible employee's business reputation, as well as defining a clear mechanism for carrying out the audit.
- perform unjustified unplanned audits of the entities of the initial financial monitoring;
- involvement of scientists and staff with extensive practical experience in preventing and counteracting to the legalization (laundering) of proceeds of crime, terrorist financing and financing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in the organization of educational and practical training of representatives of the entities of the subject entities.