Dataset Open Access
Altmann, Jörn; Aryal, Ram Govinda; Carlini, Emanuele; Cho, Cheolyong; Coppola, Massimo; Dazzi, Patrizio; Haile, Netsanet; Jung, Young-Woo; Karaboga, Burak; Kim, Sun-Wook; Kim, Myungjin; Koo, Won-Bon; Lechler, Corrina; Lopez, Lara; Marshall, Iain James; Marshall, Charles Lee Thoma; Marshall, Kélian; Pages, Enric; Psomakelis, Evangelos; Santoso, Ganis Zulfa; Schwichtenberg, Antonia; Sok, Song-Woo; Tserpes, Konstantinos; Varvarigou, Theodora; Violos, Ioannis; Wacker, Richard; Zylowski, Thorsten
This is a dataset that was created in the frame of the research project "BASMATI" an EU-funded research project (grant agreement no. 723131, website: http://www.basmati.cloud). It presents the Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) of the smartphone WiFi transceivers of the attendants of a music festival in a specific day, as it was recorded by a number of WiFi access points.
The dataset is comprised of two files:
- BASMATI_lastday_RSSI.csv that lists the timestamped RSSI of mobile phones as it was received from the access points.
- BASMATI_AccessPoints_locations.csv that lists the fixed locations of the access points
Each row in BASMATI_lastday_RSSI.csv is comprised of 4 fields:
- The id of the access point that intercepted the WiFi signal (values: 1-27 with the exception of 7, 13 and 20)
- The timestamp in Unix time
- a pseudo, unique user id (values: 1-330846)
- RSSI, expressed in dB (values: -103 - -11)
Each row in BASMATI_AccessPoints_locations.csv is comprised of 3 fields:
- The id of the access point (values: 1-27)
- The latitude expressed in degrees, shifted by a fixed number so as to normalise the values in a new reference system and mask the actual positions of the attendants
- The longitude expressed in degrees, shifted by a fixed number so as to normalise the values in a new reference system and mask the actual positions of the attendants