The goals of Stratosphere-troposphere Processes And their Role in Climate Water Vapor Assessment II (SPARC WAVAS-II) are to
(1) provide quality assessment of upper tropospheric to lower mesospheric satellite records since 2000,
(2) provide validation against ground-truth instruments,
(3) assess inter-instrument biases, depending on altitude, location, and season,
(4) assess representation of temporal variations on various scales,
(5) include data records on isotopologues, and
(6) provide recommendations for usage of available data records and for future observation systems.
To achieve these goals, intercomparisons between many satellite data sets as well as comparisons with ground-based and balloon-borne measurements have been undertaken.
Papers are published in an inter-journal special issue by Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics, Atmospheric Measurement Techniques and Earth System Science Data, see https://www.atmos-chem-phys.net/special_issue830.html. Here we provide some data sets that originate from the special issue papers.