National Open Access Monitor: IReL Project Plan
- 1. Maynooth University
This is the Project Plan for the IReL's successful application to lead the National Open Access Monitoring action of the NORF 2022 Open Research Fund.
This project will develop a monitor for open access at the national level, initially through pilot reports and a national dashboard to publish, analyse and track progress towards 100% open access. The key objectives and expected outcomes are to:
• Work to arrive at a community-agreed definition for Open Access at the national level
• Build on previous NORF work, engaging with national stakeholders (DFHERIS, NORF, NORF 2022 Open Research Fund projects, HEA, research funding organisation, research performing organisations, national research infrastructures, publishers etc.) to gather and validate user requirements for Open Access monitoring
• Work with external vendors to deliver reports and a national dashboard to help Ireland publish, analyse and track open access rates at the national level.
• Document challenges that should be addressed in long-term monitoring solutions and recommend steps to be taken, including workflows for data validation and enrichment.
• Work to improve the quality and depth of data used for the national dashboard in line with international best practice through stakeholder collaboration with institutions, funders etc. and direct input or validation where possible.
• Following NORF and Science Europe recommendations, ensure that the monitor uses data and bibliographic databases that are openly accessible, is built using open infrastructure, and is publicly accessible to view and analyse.
This project has received funding from Ireland’s National Open Research Forum under the NORF Open Research Fund.
- Other: https://norf.ie/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/NORF-National-Action-Plan-draft-for-consultation.pdf (URL)
- Report: 10.7486/DRI.5q485c938 (DOI)
- Report: 10.7486/DRI.0287dj04d (DOI)
- Report: 10.7486/DRI.j673dv060 (DOI)