Selective auditory attention in normal-hearing and hearing-impaired listeners
- 1. Hearing Systems Section, Department of Health Technology, Technical University of Denmark, Ørsteds Plads, Building 352, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark; Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance, Centre for Functional and Diagnostic Imaging and Research, Copenhagen University Hospital Hvidovre, Kettegård Allé 30, DK-2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
- 2. Hearing Systems Section, Department of Health Technology, Technical University of Denmark, Ørsteds Plads, Building 352, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
This repository contains the EEG and behavioral data described in:
Fuglsang, S A, Märcher-Rørsted, J, Dau, T, Hjortkjær, J (2020). Effects of sensorineural hearing loss on cortical synchronization to competing speech during selective attention. Journal of Neuroscience, 40(12):2562–2572, https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1936-19.2020
Please cite this paper when using the data
The data set consists of response data for 22 hearing-impaired and 22 normal-hearing participants. It includes:
- EEG data: responses to two-talker and single-talker speech stimuli
- Envelopes of the corresponding speech audio
- EEG data: responses to 1 kHz tone beeps for ERPs
- EEG data: responses to periodic tone sequences for Envelope-following responses (EFRs)
- EEG resting-state data recorded with eyes-open and eyes-closed
- inEar EEG data for 19 of the 44 subjects (EEG recorded inside the ear canals)
- Behavioral data: speech comprehension scores, task difficulty ratings, speech-in-noise scores (SRTs), tone-in-noise scores, digit span working memory scores, SSQ questionnaire ratings
- Pure-tone audiograms
For more information, see the README and 'dataset_description.json' file.
The dataset is formatted according to BIDS version 1.3.0 and the BIDS standard extension for EEG (BEP006) that has been merged in the main body of the specification. For more details, see https://bids-specification.readthedocs.io/en/latest/06-extensions.html
Behavioural data are stored in the 'participants.tsv' file. Task-difficulty ratings and multiple choice questionnaire data from the selective attention experiment are stored in the events files (see 'task-selectiveattention_events.json').
Code for analyzing the data is available at: https://gitlab.com/sfugl/snhl
Envelopes of the audio signals are included in the data set. For inquiries regarding the raw audio data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "ds-eeg-snhl audio".
This work was supported by the EU H2020-ICT grant number 644732 (COCOHA: Cognitive Control of a Hearing Aid) and by the Novo Nordisk Foundation synergy grant NNF17OC0027872 (UHeal). The EarEEG were kindly provided by Eriksholm Research Centre.
- Is supplement to
- Journal article: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1936-19.2020 (DOI)