The IWSLT 2019 Evaluation Campaign
- 1. DKE, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- 2. FBK - Via Sommarive 18, 38123 Trento, Italy
- 3. KIT - Adenauerring 2, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
- 4. Center for Language & Speech Processing, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- 5. School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, U.K.
- 6. Department of Computing, Imperial College London, U.K.
The IWSLT 2019 evaluation campaign featured three tasks: speech translation of (i) TED talks and (ii) How2 instructional videos from English into German and Portuguese, and (iii) text translation of TED talks from English into Czech. For the first two tasks we encouraged submissions of end- to-end speech-to-text systems, and for the second task participants could also use the video as additional input. We received submissions by 12 research teams. This overview provides detailed descriptions of the data and evaluation conditions of each task and reports results of the participating systems.