Aberystwyth Leaf Evaluation Dataset
We are releasing the dataset acquired to support the work of the EPSRC funded project “Dynamic Modelling of Plant Growth with Computer Vision” (grant code EP/LO17253/1) in the hope that its availability will help further advance the state of the art in the use of image analysis for plant sciences. It is a visible light, top down, timelapse image dataset of Arabidopsis thaliana (Arabidopsis). It incorporates the original images, some with leaf-level ground truth annotations, harvested plant ground truth data and scanned images together with supporting software.
- 4 sets of 20 Arabidopsis Thaliana plants have been grown in trays
- Images of each tray are taken in a 15 minute timelapse sequence using a robotic greenhouse system
- Periodically, plants from each tray are sacrificed to record destructive measurements
- A subset of these images have been hand-annotated to provide leaf-based image ground truth.
- In total, there are 56 annotated ground truth images containing 916 hand-marked up individual arabidopsis plants
- We also release software to help with the analysis of these images