Dataset Open Access
Poelen, Jorrit H.; Seltmann, Katja C.; Campbell, Mariel; Orlofske, Sarah A.; Light, Jessica E.; Tucker, Erika M.; Demboski, John R; McElrath, Tommy; Grinter, Christopher C; Diaz-Bastin, Rachel; Bush, Sarah E; Delapena, Robin; Cook, Joseph; Gall, Lawrence F.; Whiting, Michael F; Clark, Shawn M; Cameron, Stephen L; Replogle, Charla R; Rund, Samuel S.C.; Young, Daniel; Brabant, Craig; Sullivan, Kathryn; Turcatel, Maureen; Shuman Baquiran, Rebekah; Albion, Zoe; Austin, Kyhl; Rubinoff, Dan; Cognato, Anthony I.; Caywood, Alyssa; Colby, Julia; Allen, Julie
Terrestrial Parasite Tracker indexed biotic interactions and review summary.
The Terrestrial Parasite Tracker (TPT) project began in 2019 and is funded by the National Science foundation to mobilize data from vector and ectoparasite collections to data aggregators (e.g., iDigBio, GBIF) to help build a comprehensive picture of arthropod host-association evolution, distributions, and the ecological interactions of disease vectors which will assist scientists, educators, land managers, and policy makers. Arthropod parasites often are important to human and wildlife health and safety as vectors of pathogens, and it is critical to digitize these specimens so that they, and their biotic interaction data, will be available to help understand and predict the spread of human and wildlife disease.
This data publication contains versioned TPT associated datasets and related data products that were tracked, reviewed and indexed by Global Biotic Interactions (GloBI) and associated tools. GloBI provides open access to finding species interaction data (e.g., predator-prey, pollinator-plant, pathogen-host, parasite-host) by combining existing open datasets using open source software.
If you have questions or comments about this publication, please open an issue at https://github.com/ParasiteTracker/tpt-reporting or contact the authors by email.
The creation of this archive was made possible by the National Science Foundation award "Collaborative Research: Digitization TCN: Digitizing collections to trace parasite-host associations and predict the spread of vector-borne disease," Award numbers DBI:1901932 and DBI:1901926
Jorrit H. Poelen, James D. Simons and Chris J. Mungall. (2014). Global Biotic Interactions: An open infrastructure to share and analyze species-interaction datasets. Ecological Informatics. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoinf.2014.08.005.
GloBI Data Review Report
Datasets under review:
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology Insect Division. Full Database Export 2020-11-20 provided by Erika Tucker and Barry Oconner. accessed via https://github.com/EMTuckerLabUMMZ/ummzi/archive/c647b02d0ba797c566e8fb30bc1d6b326a5e8084.zip on 2021-10-15T00:19:13.245Z
- Academy of Natural Sciences Entomology Collection for the Parasite Tracker Project accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/ansp-para/archive/5e6592ad09ec89ba7958266ad71ec9d5d21d1a44.zip on 2021-10-15T00:20:03.514Z
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, J. Linsley Gressitt Center for Research in Entomology accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/bpbm-ent/archive/c085398dddd36f8a1169b9cf57de2a572229341b.zip on 2021-10-15T00:20:40.150Z
- Texas A&M University, Biodiversity Teaching and Research Collections accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/brtc-para/archive/80cd7f140076fae1c09ebd0bba198b1c306e5661.zip on 2021-10-15T00:22:08.770Z
- Brigham Young University Arthropod Museum accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/byu-byuc/archive/4a609ac6a9a03425e2720b6cdebca6438488f029.zip on 2021-10-15T00:23:01.812Z
- California Academy of Sciences Entomology accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/cas-ent/archive/adeab35bc9bb65fc8b9535c7630f206cf3888d31.zip on 2021-10-15T00:23:21.820Z
- Clemson University Arthropod Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/cu-cuac/archive/6cdcbbaa4f7cec8e1eac705be3a999bc5259e00f.zip on 2021-10-15T00:23:44.572Z
- Field Museum of Natural History IPT accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/fmnh/archive/6bfc1b7e46140e93f5561c4e837826204adb3c2f.zip on 2021-10-15T00:36:17.073Z
- Illinois Natural History Survey Insect Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/inhs-insects/archive/38692496f590577074c7cecf8ea37f85d0594ae1.zip on 2021-10-15T00:36:59.384Z
- UMSP / University of Minnesota / University of Minnesota Insect Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/min-umsp/archive/ea14a3d2655fbb0504597ec60a6d3d86b06b1823.zip on 2021-10-15T00:39:28.161Z
- Milwaukee Public Museum Biological Collections Data Portal accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/mpm/archive/9f44e99c49ec5aba3f8592cfced07c38d3223dcd.zip on 2021-10-15T00:39:49.639Z
- Museum for Southern Biology (MSB) Parasite Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/msb-para/archive/54643c878313d7ccbf30325c713925d6c937fc9c.zip on 2021-10-15T01:29:03.762Z
- The Albert J. Cook Arthropod Research Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/msu-msuc/archive/38960906380443bd8108c9e44aeff4590d8d0b50.zip on 2021-10-15T01:29:35.354Z
- Ohio State University Acarology Laboratory accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/osal-ar/archive/876269d66a6a94175dbb6b9a604897f8032b93dd.zip on 2021-10-15T01:29:54.864Z
- Frost Entomological Museum, Pennsylvania State University accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/psuc-ento/archive/30b1f96619a6e9f10da18b42fb93ff22cc4f72e2.zip on 2021-10-15T01:30:11.904Z
- Purdue Entomological Research Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/pu-perc/archive/e0909a7ca0a8df5effccb288ba64b28141e388ba.zip on 2021-10-15T01:30:31.682Z
- Texas A&M University Insect Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/tamuic-ent/archive/625c537abae5c9ea1f79aee2867fb541b2a2116b.zip on 2021-10-15T01:30:40.966Z
- University of California Santa Barbara Invertebrate Zoology Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/ucsb-izc/archive/aef653b2097b937955f1c167d143b21f9914cfb0.zip on 2021-10-15T01:32:04.333Z
- University of Hawaii Insect Museum accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/uhim/archive/53fa790309e48f25685e41ded78ce6a51bafde76.zip on 2021-10-15T01:32:29.003Z
- University of New Hampshire Collection of Insects and other Arthropods accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/unhc/archive/a9a3ba395651a1e068ef53d47a6e2c8e1173389c.zip on 2021-10-15T01:32:44.315Z
- Scott L. Gardner and Gabor R. Racz (2021). University of Nebraska State Museum - Parasitology. Harold W. Manter Laboratory of Parasitology. University of Nebraska State Museum. accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/unl-nsm/archive/6bcd8aec22e4309b7f4e8be1afe8191d391e73c6.zip on 2021-10-15T01:32:51.357Z
- Data were obtained from specimens belonging to the United States National Museum of Natural History (USNM), Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC and digitized by the Walter Reed Biosystematics Unit (WRBU). accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/usnmentflea/archive/ce5cb1ed2bbc13ee10062b6f75a158fd465ce9bb.zip on 2021-10-15T01:33:12.996Z
- US National Museum of Natural History Ixodes Records accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/usnm-ixodes/archive/c5fcd5f34ce412002783544afb628a33db7f47a6.zip on 2021-10-15T01:33:20.819Z
- Price Institute of Parasite Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Utah accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/utah-piper/archive/43da8db550b5776c1e3d17803831c696fe9b8285.zip on 2021-10-15T01:33:29.436Z
- University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, Stephen J. Taft Parasitological Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/uwsp-para/archive/12236400306555b3d08b8b65a294ae029859d5b7.zip on 2021-10-15T01:33:37.461Z
- Giraldo-Calderón, G. I., Emrich, S. J., MacCallum, R. M., Maslen, G., Dialynas, E., Topalis, P., … Lawson, D. (2015). VectorBase: an updated bioinformatics resource for invertebrate vectors and other organisms related with human diseases. Nucleic acids research, 43(Database issue), D707–D713. doi:10.1093/nar/gku1117. accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/vectorbase/archive/00d6285cd4e9f4edd18cb2778624ab31b34b23b8.zip on 2021-10-15T01:33:43.386Z
- WIRC / University of Wisconsin Madison WIS-IH / Wisconsin Insect Research Collection accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/wis-ih-wirc/archive/34162b86c0ade4b493471543231ae017cc84816e.zip on 2021-10-15T01:34:07.214Z
- Yale University Peabody Museum Collections Data Portal accessed via https://github.com/globalbioticinteractions/yale-peabody/archive/43be869f17749d71d26fc820c8bd931d6149fe8e.zip on 2021-10-15T01:43:37.175Z
GloBI's Elton 0.12.0
Note that all files ending with .tsv are files formatted
as UTF8 encoded tab-separated values files.
Included in this review archive are:
Summary across all reviewed collections of total number of distinct review comments.
Summary by reviewed collection of total number of distinct review comments.
Summary of number of indexed interaction records by institutionCode and collectionCode.
All review comments by collection.
All indexed interactions for all reviewed collections.
All indexed interactions for all reviewed collections selecting only sourceInstitutionCode, sourceCollectionCode, sourceCatalogNumber, sourceTaxonName, interactionTypeName and targetTaxonName.
Details on the datasets under review.
Program used to update datasets and generate the review reports and associated indexed interactions.
Source datasets used by elton.jar in process of executing the generate_report.sh script.
Program used to generate the report
Log file generated as part of running the generate_report.sh script