Dataset Open Access
Schmidt, Johannes; Höltinger, Stefan
- Brazilian wind power generation time series derived from MERRA-2 reanalysis data with wind speed and wind power bias correction.
- Wind speed correction factors derived from INMET wind speeds (http://www.inmet.gov.br/portal/) as well as wind power correction factors dervied from ONS wind power generation time series are also provided.
- Simulation of about 38 years of wind power generation with fixed capacity.
Data used for validation:
- Historical wind power generation data, which were used for validation of simulated time series, can be found at the ONS homepage (http://ons.org.br/Paginas/resultados-da-operacao/historico-da-operacao/geracao_energia.aspx).
- Information on this will soon be found here: https://refuel.world/
- Code for generating time series, validation and analysis: https://github.com/KatharinaGruber/BrazilWind
- Master thesis belonging to data: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1471221
Gruber, Katharina, Assessing the impact of El Niño and La Niña on Brazilian wind-power generation with reanalysis based simulated time series, Vienna: University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, 2018