Dataset Open Access
Dataset relative to the following publication:
Koenderink, J, van Doorn, A. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2018) Area dominates edge in pointilistic colour. i-Perception, 9(4), 1–41. doi: 10.5281/zenodo.1293301
This is all that is needed to reproduce the figures and the numbers mentioned in the manuscript.
These is also sufficient data to let one rerun the experiments with original instructions and programs and to analyse the results as described in the paper.
All that is needed is to install Processing and Mathematica and edit filenames at various places in the sources (this is really minimal work).
Here is a list of “what there is”:
- Analysis: Has initial analysis of the raw data. These are Mathematica (Wolfram, requires licence, free reader available from Wolfram site) notebooks.
- Data: Contains all raw data, as text files and as CSV summaries.
- Dots: Contains the programs used in the experiments. Written in Processing, they will run on any platform that has Processing (MIT, public domain) installed.
- Notebooks: Contain all analysis. These are Mathematica notebooks (Wolfram, licence required, free reader available from Wolfram site).
- Protocol: An rtf-document used as an instruction sheet for the participants.