SSH Vocabulary Commons
- 1. CLARIN ERIC
The SSH Vocabulary Commons brings together experts and managers from SSH research infrastructures CESSDA, CLARIN, DARIAH and E-RIHS that agree to share their expertise and work towards common recommendations for firstly, using and managing vocabularies used in SSH and secondly operating, sharing and managing of vocabulary services useful for the broad SSH community.
The SSH Vocabulary Commons work is specifically directed towards:
- Common recommendations for creating, managing and using vocabularies used in SSH research and resource management that will make the SSH infrastructures better interoperable and more efficient.
- Aligning current vocabulary management practices with EOSC and FAIR principles making vocabularies first-class citizens, easy to find, share and access.
- Improving facilities for multilingual vocabularies.
- Promoting sharing of vocabularies and management procedures and software between different SSH domains and organizations by recommending specific Knowledge Organization/Representation language formats e.g. SKOS and how to apply these e.g. vocabulary metadata, versioning
- Providing easier cross domain integration of (meta)data and semantic interoperability by supporting and providing procedures for vocabulary matching
- Maintaining contacts with vocabulary software development teams and promote SSH infrastructure interests
- Facilitating vocabulary recommendation, supporting researchers finding relevant vocabulary for their research.
- Providing a default vocabulary hosting and publishing service for orphaned vocabularies