Call for papers: Special issue on Coopetition
- 1. Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Business and Management School, Brazil
- 2. Örebro University School of Business, Sweden
- 3. Universidade Federal de Campina Grande, Graduate Program in Management, Brazil
BAR - Brazilian Administration Review Call for Papers: Special issue on Coopetition
Main Topic: This special issue is designed to strengthen research on coopetition. As a paradoxical concept, coopetition involves firms interacting with two contradictory logics – competition and cooperation. The simultaneous cooperation and competition or the interplay – the sequential transition between the two – can give rise to important synergies among partners for knowledge development and learning but it may also generate tensions. Coopetition alludes to a cycle of creation and appropriation of value that can generate benefits such as – but not limited to – firms’ competitive advantages, cost reduction, access to resources and knowledge, expansion of customer base, etc. Overall, coopetition can be an effective business strategy for companies looking to achieve mutual benefits through combining competitive and cooperative relationships.
- Submission of Full Paper: until August 31, 2023.
- Initial decision sent to authors: until October 31, 2023
- Deadline for revised papers: December 31, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: until January 15, 2024
- Deadline for final versions: February 20, 2024
- Special Issue publication (expected): March 2024
- Dr. Jefferson Marlon Monticelli - Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Business and Management School, Brazil (email@example.com)
- Dr. Emilene Leite - Örebro University School of Business, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Adriana Fumi Chim Miki - Universidade Federal de Campina Grande, Graduate Program in Management, Brazil (email@example.com)
- Dr. Ivan Lapuente Garrido - Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Business and Management School, Brazil (firstname.lastname@example.org)