Towards Interoperable Vaccination Certificate Services
- 1. email@example.com Fraunhofer FOKUS Institute Berlin, Germany
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org ecsec GmbH Germany
- 3. email@example.com ecsec GmbH Germany
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org Fraunhofer FOKUS Institute Berlin, Germany
With the new coronavirus having an impact on everyday life including cross-border traveling, building a trustworthy system to certify and validate the vaccination status against this pathogen has brought many initiatives into action. In this article, we briefly discuss some of them and propose a privacy-friendly Vaccination Certificate Service based on Verifiable Credentials, describe a possible implementation based on Open Source components, and finally outline how the proposed solution may be integrated with existing electronic health records and emerging eHealth oriented data exchange infrastructures supporting the International Patient Summary.
- Is previous version of
- Conference paper: 10.1145/3465481.3470035 (DOI)