Lynx D4.4 Initial implementation and report of Data and Content Curation Services
This report describes the initial implementation of the curation workflow manager (WM), which controls the workflows associated to every business use case (as defined in D4.1 [LynxD41]). This implementation is based on the definition provided in D4.2 [LynxD42] and D4.3 [LynxD43], in which we outlined four workflows: a common workflow, LKG population, and three use case specific workflows, namely Contract Analysis (OLS), Geothermal Project Analysis(DNVGL), and Labour Law Question Answering (CuatreCasas).
The implementation of the curation workflow manager is based on the Camunda BPMN engine (https://camunda.com/products/bpmn-engine/), which allows the definition, implementation and execution of workflows inside the same tool. The main components of the curation workflow manager are:
- Workflow Manager Engine: it is responsible for converting workflows in tasks for the workers.
- Workers: they are responsible for the execution of tasks inside a workflow.
- Shared memory service: it is the service that both the Workflow Manager Engine and the Workers use to share large data objects.
- CAMUNDA API: it is a complete set of RESTful APIs useful to manage BPMN process definition [OMG2011], process instances and their history.
- PILOTS API: it is a component of the WM which is responsible for the access to manage and execute workflows.
- Camunda Modeler: it is a graphical user interface for defining workflows.
At the moment of writing this deliverable we have already implemented three workflows of the four defined in D4.3 [LynxD43].
- Legal Knowledge Graph Population
- Contract Analysis
- Geothermal Project Analysis
This report also describes the implementation of the document manager(DCM), which is responsible for the storage of the Legal Knowledge Graph and the documents once they have been processed through the different workflows. The document manager is implemented using Trellis Linked Data Platform (LDP) (https://www.trellisldp.org/), so that it extends the idea of the Knowledge Graph (KG) including also the documents. By utilizing the flexibility of JSON-LD and the capabilities of an LDP, the DCM is the main building component of the Lynx Legal Knowledge Graph (LKG) and where the LKG lies.
In the time left to finish the project, the following implementations will be completed:
- The workflow defined in D4.3 that is not yet implemented (Labour Law workflow).
Some modifications in the curation workflow manager to support more efficient communication capabilities between the services.
Lynx D4.4 Initial Implementation and Report of Data and Content Curation Services (Final).pdf
||2.4 MB||Preview Download|