Dataset Open Access
Basu, Sarbani; Chaplin, William J.
This site contains data needed to solve the Exercise sets in the book: "Asteroseismic Data Analysis: Foundations and Techniques".
The archive Basu_and_Chaplin_Data.tar.gz contains the synthetic data.
The file archive answers.pdf contains a PDF detailing the answers to the Exercise questions that are not open-ended.
All data files are ASCII format.
Here are some notes about the file formats, these can also be read in file README.txt:
(1) Unless otherwise mentioned, the files with mode frequencies of modes have the format:
l, n, frequency, Inl
(2) Files with observed frequencies (or simulated observations) have the format
l, n, frequency, uncertainty
(3) Files in the archive freq_obs.tar have the formal
l, frequency, uncertainty
(4) Files Kernels_gs98_c2_rho.txt and Kernels_gs98_rho_c2.txt have the following information:
Row 1: R, M
Row 2: nr, (radius(i),i=1,nr)
Row 3 onwards: l, n, frequency (kernel(i),i=1,nr)
(5) The frequency files in the archives frequencies_ov[0-2].tar.gz have the following format
l, n, frequency, Inl, np, ng
(6) The rotational kernel files have the following format
Row 1: R, M
Row 2: nr, (radius(i),i=1, nr)
Row 3 onwards: l, np, ng, frequency (kernel(i),i=1, nr)