Current version: v1.0.0
Jupyter notebooks to work with data from DigitalNZ's API. For more information see the DigitalNZ section of the GLAM Workbench.
Notebook topics Exploring the API
- Build a DigitalNZ API search query – experiment with the DigitalNZ search API
- Getting some top-level data from the DigitalNZ API – poke around at the top-level of DigitalNZ, mainly using facets to generate some collection overviews and summaries
- Harvest facet data from DigitalNZ – explores what facets are available from the DigitalNZ API and demonstrates how to harvest data from them
- Harvest data from Papers Past – harvest large amounts of data from Papers Past (via DigitalNZ) for further analysis
Tips and tricks
- Select a random(ish) record from DigitalNZ – examines the available facets, then uses them to reduce the size of the results set until it's possible to select a random record
- Find results by country in DigitalNZ – find records relating to particular countries by searching for geocoded locations using bounding boxes
- QueryPic DigitalNZ – a web app to visualise searches in Papers Past over time
- Visualise a search in Papers Past – create a simple visualisation showing the distribution of a search over time and by newspaper
- Papers Past newspapers in DigitalNZ – displays details of the Papers Past newspapers available through DigitalNZ
- Visualising open collections in DigitalNZ – assemble data relating to the
usage status of collections and visualise the results in a suitably colourful burst of fireworks!
See the GLAM Workbench for more details.
See the GLAM Workbench or Zenodo for up-to-date citation details.
This repository is part of the GLAM Workbench. If you think this project is worthwhile, you can become a GitHub sponsor.