Dataset Open Access
This data set contains intracranial EEG data (ASCII format), eye-tracking data from an EyeLink 1000 remote system (edf format), behavioral data, and MATLAB code to reproduce the analyses reported in the manuscript, “Rapid coordination of effective learning by the human hippocampus” published in Science Advances.
The file KragelEtal21_SciAdv.zip contains the raw data divided into folders according to content type, for each of the six participants in the study, and the MATLAB code necessary to reproduce all analyses. MATLAB live scripts provide examples of how to reproduce the main analyses reported in the manuscript.
In addition to the dataset provided here, three open-access datasets are analyzed in the manuscript.
- The FIGRIM Dataset contains eye-tracking data during a continuous recognition task.
- Two additional eye-tracking datasets during free viewing of repeated scenes are provided in “An extensive dataset of eye movements during viewing of complex images,” namely the Memory I and Memory II datasets.
The scenes used in this study are part of Microsoft COCO. Scenes were selected from the 2017 Train images. Image identifiers are maintained.
To reproduce analyses that consider the visual salience of each scene, DeepGaze II model predictions for each stimulus are required. Tensorflow models and a Jupyter notebook demonstrating their use are available for download.
The code in this project was developed using MATLAB r2017b. The following external packages are required for code execution. Some external packages are included in the repository.
- fieldtrip (https://github.com/fieldtrip/fieldtrip)
- spm12 (https://github.com/spm/spm12)
- BOSC (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2010.08.064)
- Edf2Mat (https://github.com/uzh/edf-converter)
- boundedline (https://github.com/kakearney/boundedline-pkg)
- export_fig (https://github.com/altmany/export_fig)
The included code is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version. See the file COPYING for more details. The release of this software includes functions from other toolboxes that are covered under their respective licenses.