Dataset Open Access
In 2020, EPFL Library conducted a study about Tools and Metadata Standards practice in EPFL School of Life Sciences.
By standard, we mean:
- terminological resources (vocabularies, terminologies, classifications, thesauri),
- formats and data models / schemas,
- structured knowledge bases (databases, reference databases, ontologies).
And by tools, we mean:
- bioinformatics software (i.e. for sequence or molecular structure analysis of proteins and genes)
- databases from the Life Sciences field (i.e. genome databases).
Our goal was twofold: on the one hand, to gain new knowledge and insights, and on the other hand, to develop a reproducible survey methodology resolutely based on liaison librarian-data librarian collaboration.
This dataset reflects the results collected during the second phase of the study: "Survey in EPFL Life Sciences Community".