Project deliverable Open Access
Cazenave Nicolas; Béchard Lorène; Rouchon Olivier
This deliverable specifies the requirements for adapting CINES & EUDAT services for long-term
storage of large-scale digitised biodiversity data. The report describes the service(s) features,
capacities, functions and costs, and its suitability. Recommendations of use and possible designs are
also included. The report is structured in five parts:
1. The context section describes the setting of the pilot, including the institutions involved
(sources and services providers) and the actors within those institutions, the processes
covered, and services provided.
2. The infrastructure section depicts the facilities supporting the integration of service
providers and consumers, particularly APIs, programming languages, protocols, and speeds.
3. The data section provides an overview of the data model used for storing digital specimen
data requiring long-term preservation, including the minimal data required for making a
deposit, as well as data and metadata, which are part of each digital specimen.
4. The design section describes the overall architectural view of the implemented solution.
5. Finally, the recommendation section provides practical recommendations to use the
service(s) evaluated in the pilot, the benefits and trade-offs.
Deliverable D6.2 - ICEDIG - Digitisation infrastructure design for EUDAT-CINES.pdf