"Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research" is an international wide scope, peer-reviewed & quality controlled open access journal for the publication of original papers concerned with diverse aspects of science application, technology and engineering.
Location & History
ETASR is based in Greece and it is published bimonthly since 2011.
ETASR publishes a small number of papers per issue, performs thorough review and copyediting, always aiming to the best possible result for authors and readers. No bulk publication, no numerous journals/papers, no conferences, no money making scheme.Every paper is peer reviewed from independent reviewers from ETASR database (currently includes more than 1000 reviewers). If a reviewer delays excessively, then the review is re-assigned to editorial board members.
At the end of 2014, ETASR has an editorial board that includes 53 members from 50 different institutions based in 23 different countries.
ETASR is fully open access so registration is not required to gain access to published material. However, ETASR has more than 4700 registered members/readers. Further, ETASR has published 129 papers authored by 296 different authors from 122 different institutions from 36 different countries.
Transparency & Statistics
ETASR publishes a detailed list of statistics related to its operation (yearly and overall) in an effort to be as transparent as possible.
ETASR is currently indexed in: National Library of Greece, HEAL-Link, Google Scholar, NewJour, ScienceGate, BASE, SHERPA/ROMEO, MedOAnet, Directory of Research Journal Indexing, KnowJournals, WorldCat, EyeSource, JournalSeek, Open Access Journals Search Engine, Journal Table of Contents (Journal TOCs), Latest Journal Articles, Open J-Gate, Rock Your Paper, Open Access Library (OALib), Open Science Directory, Directory of Open Access scholarly Resources (ROAD), CiteFactor, Global Impact Factor, International Impact Factor Services, Universal Impact Factor, Scientific Journal Impact Factor, General Impact Factor, Open Academic Journals Index, The Journal Database (TJDb), Academic Journals Database, EBSCOhost, Index Copernicus, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
A detailed list of indexing services is also openly available at the journal's site.
Quality & Sting operation
ETASR was one of the few OA journals (98 out of 304) that, in late 2013, declined a bogus paper submitted as part of a sting operation by Science magazine.
- The main aim of ETASR is to provide fast publication to scientists, researchers and engineers from both academia and industry, that wish to communicate recent developments and applications in their field.
- ETASR publishes mainly technical papers that should contain new theoretical and/or test results. The journal will also consider for publication review articles, tutorials, communications, perspectives and correspondence concerning views and information about papers published in previous issues.
- ETASR is oriented towards publishing articles that communicate advances, interesting implementations and parts of on-going research in fields of interest. In addition, ETASR offers a medium to authors for fast publishing individual parts of their work that are used as basis for diverse further research (e.g. a new software, a modification or an original measuring apparatus/technique), specific aspects of their research that are important but not closely linked with the rest of the work (e.g. a study for the economical aspect of a technical implementation) and certain parts of their work that can be later used as citations, allowing authors to comply with page limits set by other journals.
- A standard research article published in ETASR consists of six pages but no page limit is set.
- Color figures and pictures are accepted providing that they are of good quality.
- An added aim for ETASR is to offer a medium to authors for publishing and permanent referring papers that have been presented at conferences that do not publish their proceedings, providing that the author still owns the copyrights of his paper.
- Further, unlike most journals, ETASR accepts papers that describe negative findings and research failures, since it feels that publishing negative results is valuable and saves considerable time and effort for other scientists around the world.
"Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research" is an international fully OA, wide scope, peer-reviewed & quality controlled journal based in Greece and published bimonthly since 2011 (www.etasr.com, eISSN: 1792-8036, pISSN: 2241-4487, ISBN:978-960-93-4742-6, ISBN: 978-618-81139-0-9)Read more