COACCH - CO-Designing the Assessment of Climate Change Costs - H2020 project
COACCH (CO-designing the Assessment of Climate CHange costs) is a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and carried out by a consortium of 14 European organisations.
The final objective of COACCH is to produce an improved downscaled assessment of the risks and costs of climate change in Europe that can be accessed directly for the different needs of end users from the research, business, investment, and the policy making community. This objective is pursued by working with end users and developing an innovative science-practice and integrated approach of co-design of knowledge and co-delivery of outcomes with stakeholders.
This overall objective breaks down into five specific goals:
- developing technically excellent and innovative research on complex climate change impact chains by using downscaled climate information and advancing integrated assessment methods and models developed under early RTD (research and innovation) research calls;
- developing a challenge-driven and solutions-orientated research and innovation approach involving stakeholders in the co-design, co-production and co-dissemination of policy driven research;
- significantly advancing the knowledge and evidence base not only on climate tipping elements and tipping points but also on socio-economic tipping points;
- advancing the economic valuation of climate action (mitigation and adaptation) in the EU at various scales (spatial grids, regions, countries and economic sectors) over short to longer-term timeframes to support a better informed policy process in the achievement of intended nationally determined contributions (INDCs) for the EU;
- enhancing innovation capacity and integration of this new knowledge by using co-dissemination of results with business, industrial, public decision makers and research communities for maximising the use of innovative approaches in communication for dissemination, including direct elicitation of end-user needs to shape knowledge outreach and uptake.
- Curated by:
- Curation policy:
- Not specified
- August 26, 2019
- Harvesting API:
- OAI-PMH Interface