AFINET has five specific objectives
1. To establish the system and methodological basis for knowledge exchange, based on the Regional Agroforestry Innovation Networks (RAINs) implementation:
2. To build the Agroforestry Knowledge Cloud (KC) that will foster knowledge exchange by integrating and synthesizing existing pools of information. It will include knowledge coming from the RAINs, (innovative practices and experiences as well as regional, national and international project results, grey and scientific literature. All the available resources will be gathered into this state-of-the-art Knowledge Cloud repository that will work as a source of knowledge and experience on innovative agroforestry practices at EU level.
3. To improve the applied knowledge about AF practices of the different target groups, through specific dissemination activities and training, in order to promote sustainable land management throughout Europe. AFINET will create several materials to share the information collected: innovation factsheets, videos, innovations tutorials, newsletters, training modules and technical articles. Partners will also organize events at regional at international level.
4. To maximize synergies between European, national and regional policies related to the agroforestry sector to support the effective implementation of the innovations proposed.
5. To communicate the AFINET outputs across Europe and internationally, through close interactions with farmer networks and extension services.
More information: http://www.agroforestry.eu/afinet/
AFINET Knowledge Cloud has a specific objective:
Only publication relevant to the research, development and applications of agroforestry will be accepted.